Natural Selection 2 Support

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
PAL-18

Natural Selection 2 Support

Post by PAL-18 »

Version 1 is launching soon (its currently in open beta). It would be great if UGCC could support it.

As it stands now, there's an open source tool that can run the server, restart it when it empties (memory leaks), etc. You can find it at http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums ... pic=113414

It would be great if UGCC could do the same thing as that tool.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Natural Selection 2 Support

Post by Masher »

Is there any information available regarding what query protocol it's using?

You can use the timed restarts feature to restart the server everyday.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Problem with that, it only does it once per day. The tool i linked you to does it every time the server hits 0 players (apparently, the server has memory leaks when theres players playing and restarting after its empty clears the memory buffer and restarting once per day would still exhaust the memory).

If you take a look at the sourcecode of the tool, there should be information on the query protocol.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Appears it uses the source engine query protocol. should be able to set type to source. I'd assume they are using the same rcon protocol too.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!