HiResTimer

Area for all other Brainless tools.
Unborn

HiResTimer

Post by Unborn »

Hy, i want to thank you for this great tool, before installing it i made some ping tests to my isp and i had an average of 14-16ms now i get 6ms... :D
My question is, how this tool actually works if you can explain so a noob like me to understand.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: HiResTimer

Post by Masher »

It turns on the high reslution timer with in windows. The server pings better now because with the high resolution timer enabled the game server is enable to process the world and ping requests quicker.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Unborn

Post by Unborn »

I switched to win 7 ultimate but i cannot install it, i run the setup and it "freeze"
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2222/39953751.jpg it wont progress more.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'll have to test, but I thought ping boost wasn't necessary with 2k8/7?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
dome

Post by dome »

When I try and install it asks for .Net 1.1

How do i fix this when I have .net 3.5?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

.net 1.1 is a seperate install from 3.5. 3.5 encompasses 2.0/3.0/3.5, but not 1.1. Just download/install http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

I need to update this to 2.0 and will do so soon.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Updated the service to target .net 2.0. For anyone who cares....
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
rummy

Post by rummy »

Masher,
Thanks for sharing this tool, I've been using it in conjunction with my srcds on XP Pro. I'm upgrading to Server 2003 R2 and wanted to be sure HiResTimer is suitable for 2003 before installing.

Also, is .NET 2.0 or greater required now or will HiResTimer still work with .NET 1.1?

Again, thanks!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yep, works in 2003 server just fine.

The app now targets the 2.0 framework, so aslong as 2.0 or greater is installed on the server it should work fine.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!