New sv_downloadurl protector BUGS

Area for all other Brainless tools.
DirtyDave

New sv_downloadurl protector BUGS

Post by DirtyDave »

hey masher..with your new redirect protection..whenever i set it up..i get these errors when clients trying to dl files they don't have: Couldn't CRC map [maps/mapname.bsp], disconnecting. Also, when browsing your provided url for my account from the local server machine i get an asp error.

You can find a screenshot of that asp error since your forums do not allow the upload of image extensions. http://skulshockcommunity.com/downloads ... _error.png
Darkthrone

Re: New sv_downloadurl protector BUGS

Post by Darkthrone »

same here, i think that error appears because service does not support bz2 files
all files in my sv_downloadurl are bzipped and when client try to download map, service redirects to unzipped bsp
but this file does not exists and clients forced to download zero files
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The protector forwards whatever client requests it receives to the URL you specified. It does no filtering what so ever other than ensuring the request is for one of your game servers (hence why using the URL I provide in a browser doesn't work). The service supports either bz2 or uncompressed files. Send me a private message and let me know what your username is so that I may test.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Darkthrone,

I took a look at your settings and you had used a FQDN (i.e. www.brainless.us) instead of an IP address for your game server. You must use an IP address.

Please try and let me know if that resolves it.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!