Replace Page refresh with jquery calls

Want a new feature, we want to know about it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
PAL-18

Replace Page refresh with jquery calls

Post by PAL-18 »

When multiple servers are connected to the same control panel (as remotes), after you log in it can take a couple of seconds for the server list page to display. It would be great if instead of all servers being queried and then the page displaying, the page displays and using Jquery, each server status is queried. This also opens the opportunity for server status to refresh itself every few seconds without the page needing to be refreshed.

For example, i have 2 server boxes; one located in Canada (where the web control panel is also located) and another located in France. Since making the French one a remote, now after i login it takes around 10+ seconds before i can do anything even though both machines are at the same host and there's just 6 hops between them (with a latency of around 100ms).
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Replace Page refresh with jquery calls

Post by Masher »

The latency of 100ms is probably what causing the biggest problem. The monitor makes sql queries itself back to the database. If you go into your user control panel and disable queries, what is the speed up from that?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

Where in user control panel do i do that?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The area where you can change your email and password. Not the admin one.
Last edited by Masher on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed grammar
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

I did that, it didnt increase the speed of anything. Same slow load time.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Jquery calls won't help if disabling the server queries showed no improvement. Is the mysql server physically close to the webhost?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

There's 3 machines in total, the canadian game server box is running the web portion of UGCC, the web server box is running the mysql server with UGCC database and a France game server box is connecting to the others.

The canadian game server box and the mysql server are located in the same datacenter. The french one is in another country also at a datacenter owned by the same host, but its just 6 hops away (both datacenters have direct links to each other).

When i connected to web panel when the French servers weren't configured yet (and just the canadian ones existed), the page loaded right away.

Jquery calls would increase total page display though because the whole page can display on screen, so i can start/stop servers or access admin menu, etc. and then each server status would display on its own however long it takes.