Rust Server will not start with panel but starts manually fine

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
the1trujok3r

Rust Server will not start with panel but starts manually fine

Post by the1trujok3r »

I'm trying to setup a Rust server using the panel but it's not allowing the server to start before it tries to start another instance.

I've setup manually as well as using the template that was updated due to the way the server starts now so it takes forever.

I've disabled monitoring entirely and even sent the time to start at 5000 minutes and still it tries to start the server multiple times.

If i start the server manually via it's batch file it starts fine so it's something with the way the panel is attempting to start the exe.

Does anyone here run Rust servers? I'm clueless on what is wrong because starting manually works fine but starting with the panel does not.

I've enabled broker as well and watched the console and it does start but as the % is rising for the server to load it starts another process and closes the first and just continues in a loop.
Friendly and Fun Gaming Community - Come Join Us! - http://BoxieGames.com
Joker - BoxieGames Owner / Founder
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Rust Server will not start with panel but starts manually fine

Post by Masher »

Did you look at the panel logs?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

I would look at the logs i can help you out if need be for sure. i have been using this panel and love it for all my rust servers.
the1trujok3r

Post by the1trujok3r »

6/13/2017 9:46:11 PM Rust Experimental - updated 05152017 - Windows (19) PvP Server 2 (4) system (0) monitor 0 Performing restart of server id: 19. It has been online for more than 0 minutes.
6/13/2017 9:46:11 PM Rust Experimental - updated 05152017 - Windows (19) PvP Server 2 (4) system (0) monitor 0 Reached bottom of numplayers for some reason for server id: 19. Sending a 0 so that server will restart/update. You may want to double check your query settings.
6/13/2017 9:46:08 PM Rust Experimental - updated 05152017 - Windows (19) This Host (1) admin (1) www 0 Server id: 19 started by user id admin
6/13/2017 9:46:08 PM Rust Experimental - updated 05152017 - Windows (19) PvP Server 2 (4) system (0) monitor 0 Remote Start Request Received for id: 19 SUCCESS
6/13/2017 9:46:08 PM Rust Experimental - updated 05152017 - Windows (19) PvP Server 2 (4) system (0)
the1trujok3r

Post by the1trujok3r »

So look at that log got me thinking lets make that player count say 1000 - and guess what it worked...no more double starting....definitely a bug though because it should be able to be set to 0 and Rust not restart like that.
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

Wait a moment you set the player count to 0 and the server boot loops? Where is this setting at You talking able the Enable Maximum player monitoring under the Monitoring Tab. If so Mine is set to 0 and I have no issues.
clumsyzombie

Post by clumsyzombie »

If you can point me were that setting is I can provide screen shots you can check out my system even if you like. I have not had that bug at all
the1trujok3r

Post by the1trujok3r »

Yeah it's in the monitoring tab. It's the one that should be set to 0 but for whatever reason in my install it causes the server to boot loop and start multiple instances. I set it to 1000 players which would never happen as I run a max of 250 and it works fine and doesn't attempt to start things. I haven't heard from Masher in a bit so hope everything is ok as I have other questions and issues open for quite some time.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

This line from the log is worrisome. There's something wrong with querying the server. Could you backup the server and send me the file?

Code: Select all

Reached bottom of numplayers for some reason for server id: 19.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!