Ark Multiple Processes Aren't Killed

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
PAL-18

Ark Multiple Processes Aren't Killed

Post by PAL-18 »

When Ark is configured to update mods on startup (by adding modids to game.ini), before it starts the server (the process is active but server hasn't started yet) it starts steamcmd which starts a console window.

Problem is that if the server is stopped or restarted before steamcmd has a chance to complete. The processes stay active and if the server is started again and stopped again then a second instance of these processes are not closed again. The main problem with this is the steamcmd process uses all available cpu.

Note: I have "Kill child processes" checked on the options page and it isn't fixing this issue.
Attachments
processes.png
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Ark Multiple Processes Aren't Killed

Post by Masher »

When you stop the server, what is in the log (settings-->log tool)?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
PAL-18

Post by PAL-18 »

After stopping i just see 4 log lines:
  • Error while trying to gracefully shutdown ark server id12. Error connecting to host: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it x.x.x.x:xxxx
  • Ungracefully killing Ark experimental server process
  • Remote Stop Request Received for id: 12 SUCCESS
  • Server ID: 12 stopped by user: xxxxx
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Yep, looked at the code. Servers that support graceful shutdowns will never hit the kill children processes; will have a fix in the next update.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!