Trouble with SH server in UGCC

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Reason

Trouble with SH server in UGCC

Post by Reason »

Our setup:
- Install: EzUGG
- DB: sqlite (I assume so at least, it's whatever EzUGCC installs)
- Game: Squad
- Nothing found in the event viewer or the UGCC logs
- Official Instructions: http://shatteredhorizon.wikia.com/wiki/ ... rver_Guide

My Problem
Shattered Horizon will not appear on the in-game server list when running through UGCC but does appear when the server is launched from a batch file. No windows event logs from any of these tests. :? The Shattered Horizon log file creates the same error every time I try to launch in UGCC regardless of the configuration.

UGCC Settings
Working directory +: D:\Servers\sh\server_exe
Server executable +: D:\Servers\sh\server_exe\sh_server.exe
Command line arguments +: --config_file=shcfg.txt
Start with broker: ✔
Game server port: 7750
Query port: 7752

I have the broker open and then I start the server in UGCC, a new CMD window opens for D:\Servers\sh\server_exe\sh_server.exe, and I receive the following:

Code: Select all

Server started.
Failed to load Steam ServiceServiceStart: started as Windows service
Level loaded: eva/levels/belt.evagamestore
... a few seconds later I refresh the UGCC menu server list and the green start button has changed to an orange stopped button but I'm guessing because it opened with Broker?

I then check D:\Servers\sh\server_exe\logs\service_log.txt and there's an error message:

03/25/17 00:17:14 : Failed to load Steam Service (3)
I then checked the other file in the logs folder labeled "connection_log_7751.txt" and it looks normal compared to entries when the server was working fine.

[2017-03-25 00:17:15][0,0] : Log session started
[2017-03-25 00:17:15][0,0] : SetSteamID( [A:1:0:0] )
[2017-03-25 00:17:15][1,2] : Connect() starting connection (eNetQOSLevelLow, 69.28.145.171:27017, UDP)
[2017-03-25 00:17:15][1,2] : SetSteamID( [A:1:0:0] )
[2017-03-25 00:17:15][1,2] : LogOn() called, but user already logging on.
[2017-03-25 00:17:15][1,2] : ConnectionCompleted() (72.165.61.185:27017, UDP)
[2017-03-25 00:17:15][1,2] : RecvMsgClientLogOnResponse() : 'OK'
There is a "Steam.exe" in the "D:\Servers\sh\server_exe" directory but when I try to launch, it just says "Updating Steam..." with the old olive green steam colored window.

When I launch the server from a batch file within the Shattered Horizon server folder, the server starts just fine and I'm able to join in-game. Batch file cmd line parameters are the same as I have in UGCC.

sh_server.exe --config_file=shcfg.txt
I then edited my UGCC entry by unchecking "Start with broker", started the server and in the UGCC Menu server list I see the map name and 0/32 slots but it doesn't appear in the in-game server browser.

Next, I created a separate UGCC server for the Steam.exe in the "D:\Servers\sh\server_exe\" directory and made it a dependency for the shattered horizon server. I launched the shattered horizon server and again it displayed the map name and player slots in the UGCC server list but not in the in-game server browser.

I do have a separate/full steam client installed on the server and whether that was open or not, the server started fine with the batch file but would not start work in UGCC?

During all of these attempts, the error log in the SH folder, displayed this message:

I would really like to know what I'm doing wrong!
Last edited by Reason on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with SH server in UGCC

Post by Masher »

Do you have the windows firewall enabled? If you have the windows firewall enabled, you'll need to create port based inbound rules for the servers.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

I understand this game is old, that I'm surely the only UGCC user to need this, and I wouldn't blame you if you were apathetic to my request. ...but of course I have the firewall configured. lol ...In trying to you give a clear rundown of what I've done, I think it just came across as a big wall of text. :P

TL;DR - Starting SH outside UGCC works. Starting inside UGCC gives me the following error in the SH log file, located here: D:\Servers\sh\server_exe\logs\service_log.txt

Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I know, and my question was a serious one. If you allowed a 'program' through the windows firewall, they will not work when started through the panel, hence why I asked if you had port based rules.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

So we've had 'manually created' exceptions for ports [and] executables for all our game servers... but you're saying I can remove all the allowed exceptions for the executables and keep only the ports rules? That would certainly tidy up the firewall exceptions list. :D

Also, I disabled the sh_server.exe firewall exception but kept the ports exceptions allowed and the server still won't display in the in-game server list. It also still generates the "Failed to load steam service" error. :cry:
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Tried setting up a server, it is not listing in the server browser either when running outside of the panel. Haven't tried it in the panel yet.

Did you have to do anything special for your server to show up?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!