Timeout issue on HLDS with UGCC

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
master

Timeout issue on HLDS with UGCC

Post by master »

Hello, as I lightly hinted in a previous thread I run multiple HLDS servers, and that is IT, I am a small time gamer running a small time community, for a rather 'dead' game. I would have to assume not many people here use HLDS or im doing something differently, I have been experiencing an issue with EzUGCC (on Windows Server 2008 R2) for testing purposes, I simply installed ezugcc and steamcmd, I then manually set up a server for Team Fortress Classic (setup can be found on the steamcmd devwiki and while I can get the server to run, autorestart, do everything it should without a problem... theres this nasty bug that occurs after so long.. 95% of all connections will be disconnected with a 'timed out' message, this occurs in standard gameplay with no hiccups or anything, right in the middle of active fire, chatting, whatever you could be doing and you can still get timed out.

I am still testing to determine the culprit, but I can 100% confirm that this happens in instances where:
  • Use WinServer 2008/R2
  • Install EZUGCC
  • Install SteamCMD
  • Install TFC server
  • Manage the server with full query monitoring through ezugcc
  • Restart the server through the panel (put hlds.exe in session 0)
  • Wait and observe the 'timed out' issue yourself, or have someone tell you about it (HLTV will also disconnect from the server, but I am unaware if it will disconnect as the only client in a server)
I am still testing to determine what the cause is, however I believe that it may be due to something in the ugccmonsvc.exe. While I do not have accurate information on when this bug cropped up, it has been around for over 6 months now, and until recently I had no clue what was causing it at all. I have tested this on 2 different machines (across 3 different [Windows] operating systems) and was able to reproduce this timeout issue. If you need help reproducing this or you need a steam account to test for this bug, please let me know I will be more than glad to assist, I love this panel and miss it already.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Timeout issue on HLDS with UGCC

Post by Masher »

Can you send me a PM with account info? I'd like to look at the server setup and logs within the panel. Also if you can keep an eye on times when it occurs so that I can coordinate it with time in the logs of when it occurs.

I assume you don't have this issue when the server is running outside of the panel?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
master

Post by master »

Masher wrote:Can you send me a PM with account info? I'd like to look at the server setup and logs within the panel. Also if you can keep an eye on times when it occurs so that I can coordinate it with time in the logs of when it occurs.

I assume you don't have this issue when the server is running outside of the panel?
Correct, the servers act fine when the panel is not in use (stopping services fixed this issue)
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Thanks for the account info, let me know when you notice the disconnect and I will take a look at logs.

Also, are all your servers running behind a nat router/firewall? If so you'll probably want to change the query ips to the actual IPs of the server (192.x.x.x or whatever you're using for your private addresses) then set the display IP to the public. If you are using NAT, the queries could be filling up your router's translation table (or they could already be full when trying to do the queries). By not haaving to go through the firewall may help.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
master

Post by master »

Masher wrote:Thanks for the account info, let me know when you notice the disconnect and I will take a look at logs.

Also, are all your servers running behind a nat router/firewall? If so you'll probably want to change the query ips to the actual IPs of the server (192.x.x.x or whatever you're using for your private addresses) then set the display IP to the public. If you are using NAT, the queries could be filling up your router's translation table (or they could already be full when trying to do the queries). By not haaving to go through the firewall may help.
This is the first instance ive had servers behind a nat, I did adjust the test environment accordingly, however I was unable to get a timeout to reoccur in a timely manner, I reinstalled the panel on my main vds and got the timeout to occur.
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "ESN<1><HLTV><SPECTATOR>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "Canada_08<237><STEAM_0:1:7071334><Blue>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "Sandman<232><STEAM_0:0:8453008><Blue>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "Sandman<232><STEAM_0:0:8453008><Blue>" triggered "Dispenser_Destroyed"
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "Sandman<232><STEAM_0:0:8453008><Blue>" triggered "Sentry_Destroyed"
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "seph .sS<235><STEAM_0:1:8923253><Red>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: ".<240><STEAM_0:0:9047440><Blue>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "cunt<249><STEAM_0:1:147121820><Red>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "Player<250><STEAM_0:0:18383663><Blue>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "Mango<231><STEAM_0:1:20639685><Blue>" disconnected
L 03/10/2017 - 20:49:31: "MiZter<246><STEAM_0:0:12803122><Red>" disconnected
I will send you a PM with the updated panel info shortly.
master

Post by master »

Bump, problem is related to ugccmonsvc.exe, problem is 'solved' by disabling the ugcc monitor service.