Migrating database/ugcc installation

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
master

Migrating database/ugcc installation

Post by master »

Hello, I am going to be updating my servers OS from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 R2. I more than likely will do a clean install due to a bug effecting my gameservers (random timeouts with no trace as to the cause) I don't expect any major problems getting everything set back up (can easily copy server files etc.) but I am unsure on what files I need to backup to retain my UGCC configurations (server setups, executables, monitoring info etc.) I am using a local mysql server with ugcc on just one server, I will be migrating the database, but I would like to know if theres any other pertinent files I need to grab (license file, extra configs etc.) and furthermore I would need to know if theres an easy way to 'import' this information and if not what the procedure would be to 'trick' a clean install to thinking it is this installation with all the servers.

Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated, hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Migrating database/ugcc installation

Post by Masher »

You'll just need to backup your UGCC database out of MySQL, but backup your panel install as well just in case.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
master

Re: Migrating database/ugcc installation

Post by master »

Masher wrote:You'll just need to backup your UGCC database out of MySQL, but backup your panel install as well just in case.
Okay, thanks!