UGCCMon service starts and then stops immediately

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
techy

UGCCMon service starts and then stops immediately

Post by techy »

UGCCMon Service Starts and then Stops immediately.
The services GUI reports:
"The UGCCMon Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

Operating System (i.e. win/Linux). Windows Server 2008 R2
Arch (32bit/64bit) 64
Install method : (EzUGCC/Manual) Manual
Database being used (sqlite, mysql) MYSQL
If manual install; web server used IIS 7
Steps to reproduce issue Attempt to start UGCCMon service
Any troubleshooting steps you've tried.
I have double checked file permissions.
I have used both login as system account and a new windows user that matches the application pool user.
I have also tried shutting off the build in ftp.
Relevant log entries and/or event viewer messages.
1/25/2017 5:26:21 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC
1/25/2017 5:28:30 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC
1/25/2017 5:37:06 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC
1/25/2017 5:53:07 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC
1/25/2017 6:04:28 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC
1/25/2017 6:20:53 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC
1/25/2017 6:21:18 AM UGCCMon Started (1.88) | Dbtype=mysql | Interval=15000ms | OS: Win | Config file: C:\Windows\system32\ugccmon.cfg | User: NS527785\UGCC

No event viewer messages that I can find.
If you're having trouble with a game server, please post the settings for the server.

Ugccmon Settings:
//!!!!This config file is ONLY read from c:\windows\system32 on windows and the same folder as executable on linux.
//Windows users--only use notepad/wordpad on 64 bit Operating systems to edit this file!!!
//PLEASE NOTE: The // is not a real comment, the line immediately following the [setting] is used regardless
//whether it's prefixed with // or not

//Database Engine type to use--valid options are mysql or sqlite
//sqlite uses a db3 file, while mysql uses MySQL
//Use the same database the panel uses
[DBEngine]
mysql

//Database configuration string
//Make sure this points to the same DB the panel uses!!!!!!
//Example for MySQL:
//Database=ugcc;Data Source=localhost;Port=3306;User Id=root;Password=pw
//Example for sqlite
//Data Source=c:\program files\ugcc\ugcc.db3
[DBConfig]
Data Source=ugcc;Data Source=localhost;Port=3306;User Id=ugcc;Password=ugccPassword

//Where to save log file
[LogConfig]
c:\UGCCMon

//Where to find the license file
[License]
C:\UGCC

//How often to check that the servers are running
//You can use .25 for 15 second interval, .5 for 30 second interval, specify whole minutes otherwise
[ServerCheck]

//How long to pause between starting servers when the monitor starts (i.e. during reboot)
//Enter a whole value in seconds
[FirstBootPause]

//Enable integrated FTP Server? (True/False)
[FTP]
True

//Listen port for FTP Server.
//Default port is 21
[FTPPort]

//Mininum port number for integrated ftp server to use for passive mode data channel
[FTPDataMinPort]

//Maxinum port number for integrated ftp server to use for passive mode data channel
[FTPDataMaxPort]

//Enable HiResTimer? aka fps boosting
//Only works on windows
[HiResTimer]
True

//Email Payment reminders?
//This only needs to be enabled for one monitor on the system
[PayReminders]
False

//Send a copy of emails to bcc address?
//This setting will send a blind carbon copy of all restart notifications emails sent by the monitor.
[BccEmails]
False

//Enable remote/slave mode? This is requried if web portion of UGCC doesn't run on this computer.
//If set to False the rest of the settings below don't matter
[Remote]
False

//Port to listen on
[Port]

//Shared Secret
[Secret]
Pass

//This is the ID number associated with this computer's server definition within UGCC
//Very important that this is set correctly if Remote mode is enabled
[ID]
Masher
Site Admin

Re: UGCCMon service starts and then stops immediately

Post by Masher »

There should be an event in event viewer, this looks like an unhandled crash. In which case it should log something in event viewer.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
techy

Re: UGCCMon service starts and then stops immediately

Post by techy »

I'm sorry for the delayed update on this.

I double checked and did find an event log. Aparently I didn't look deep enough, the server I'm using has some software that's logging every few milliseconds, something I should probably fix...

Anyway, it was an issue with the connection string. It was not correct. It was still using the Sqlite connection string instead of mysql.