Ark Server setup

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
Strados

Ark Server setup

Post by Strados »

Used the EzUGCC to install on windows. i was able to get a minecraft up and running with query/rcon/ftp/monitoring working

I have have now started working on attempts to get a ARK: Survival Evolved server up and running. The server is running locally and works if i use the bat file i have without the panel.

Using the panel i seem to have issues with the query and rcon not responding. I had to disable monitoring as when it was on it would restart the server after 4 query attempts.

I know have been using the local broker to try and help figure out the issue but it really only showing me when it restarts.

Can anyone help please? all ports are open as in query/rcon/main.

just seems like after the server is started that the query and rcon do not start
Command line:

TheCenter?SessionName=FourHorseMen?MaxPlayers=20?Port=#####?QueryPort=#####?RCONPort=#####?listen?GameModIDs=543394681,632091170?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=?RCONEnabled=True?RCONServerGameLogBuffer=600 -servergamelog -automanagedmods -ForceAllowCaveFlyers
Masher
Site Admin

Re: Ark Server setup

Post by Masher »

What are your query settings in the panel?

Did you setup port or program based firewall rules? The program based rules don't work when the server is ran through the panel, you'll need to use port based rules.

Can you query the server from the steam server list (add it to favorites in the server browser).
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Strados

Post by Strados »

So oops didnt have the port based rules in place on the server just on the router. I have now added them and now re-trying

edit update:
Okay the new port rules updated and things are working. That was it. I also found that some of the issue was with my hardware as it took the server over 30 minutes to go online. which it then crash 30min later. So yea.... Anyways seems good so far i was using an old server file i am going to start with a new fresh ark server and see how that works.

Thank you for your help.

p.s.
if you don't mind i may make a video for how to do the setup. Because after spending a couple of hours working on this and researching. All this setup should only take about 5-10min if you don't have to wait for downloads or startup time. I recently started my own YT channel for fun.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Good, glad you got it working.

Feel free to make a video detailing the install. Once you get it complete let me know and I'll add it to the video tutorials list.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!