pannel shuts down/crashes for no apparent reason

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
KillerBee

pannel shuts down/crashes for no apparent reason

Post by KillerBee »

recently my ugcc panel has started shutting down, almost daily, with no errors in the panels error logs, or on my server.

we are using ezugcc, on a windows 2008 rt server, panel had be working flawlessly, no software or hardware has changed. and im at a bit of a loss on what to do. do you have any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks
Masher
Site Admin

Re: pannel shuts down/crashes for no apparent reason

Post by Masher »

Do you have any error messages in event viewer? Are the recovery options set for the ezugcc-www service?
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Voxen

Post by Voxen »

I had problems with ezugcc aswell, installing iis and then letting UGCC run on it is a lot more stable.
KillerBee

Post by KillerBee »

thers is no errors at all and in not sure what you mean by recovery options.
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Open the services management console (services.msc), find ugcc-www and ensure the recovery options are set to the restart the service if it fails.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

Did you look to see if there are any errors in event viewer as well?
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
Reason

Post by Reason »

It's unfortunate that KillerBee hasn't replied with any possible errors but I've had a similar (if not the same) issue for a while now and recently got an error in the browser/page for once the other day. The issue I've had for some time has been that ...I'll check on the servers by logging into the web panel, I'll log out, come back a day later, and then won't be able to login cause the web panel (IP / page) won't display the site until I restart the UGCC-WWW service. I took your advice, opened services.msc and applied the same recovery settings as I noticed UGCCMon already had, which are:
First crash = Restart
Second crash = Restart
Subsequent failures = Take No Action
Reset fail count after: 1 days
Restart service after: 1 minutes

... I'm confident your answer is the solution and thank you for the advice! Regardless, I thought I would post the error I got in case it could be of any help? Also, we're running Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 and EzUGCC.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's an error I got a couple days ago which I had saved:

Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
Source Error:

Code: Select all

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

Code: Select all

[OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.]
   System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +297
   System.Convert.ToInt32(String value) +46
   UGCC_Sharp.newugcc.#=qrfJ6qGKndVg2VBYyY0l7Cw==(dbinterface& #=qYgYzwkqx7r5$nfTRpWTjOw==) +14172
   UGCC_Sharp.newugcc.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +707
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +124
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2513
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5485; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5491
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Question: Are you able to tell EzUGCC to install with those service recovery settings, is it already supposed to, or does it normally but ours got changed somehow?
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

I'll have to double check to make sure recovery options are set by the EzUGCC installer; I don't recall.

Thanks for the error report, I'll see what I can do.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!