[SOLVED] one server saves in 2 places.

Having problems with the panel? Have questions? Post here!
woodzykiler

[SOLVED] one server saves in 2 places.

Post by woodzykiler »

we have a game MedievalEngineers it saves files in 2 locations. one is in C:\servers\MedievalEngineers\
The 2nd is in C:\users\*****\appdata\MedievalEngineersDedicated\
How can i allow access in the pannel for both locations? (Also we are planning to buy the full version for the FTP access)
Along with that, can we use a script for the auto update. and where to put pre-assembled server files?
Last edited by woodzykiler on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masher
Site Admin

Re: one server saves in 2 places.

Post by Masher »

From the wiki http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/in ... ed_Servers

It looks like there's a path command line argument you can use. Copy stuff in C:\users\*****\appdata\MedievalEngineersDedicated\ to a new folder in C:\servers\MedievalEngineers\ (maybe config); then add path C:\servers\MedievalEngineers\config to commandline
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
woodzykiler

Post by woodzykiler »

with that amazing link i must on over looked in my googleing about, i think this command will work?
Command: -consol -path "c:\server\medievalengineers"

And running this in command prompt: mklink /J C:\users\bob\appdata\MedievalEngineers D:\server\MedievalEngineers\sub_data
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

That'll probably do the trick. The path command might need to be D:\server\MedievalEngineers\sub_data though.
Masher
-----------
Please do not PM me unless asked to! We are a small company. If you have an issue or question it would be best to post it in the forums where it can help others in the future.

NEW Join our Discord!
woodzykiler

Post by woodzykiler »

So I have an update. It tells me it cannot start from command line. Not sure it if is accepting the command line "console"
Also having an issue setting the PID I gave it a directory and file like this c:\servers\me\PID\usethis.txt
It deleted the file and yea
Masher
Site Admin

Post by Masher »

The pid file setting isn't need on windows typically an the panel only reads it when starting a server. It'll delete the file before starting the server, so if the server doesn't create it does no good.

Start the server with their tool, and view the command line they use in task manager. That same commandline (you'll probably need to add path) should work.
Masher
-----------

NEW Join our Discord!
woodzykiler

Re: [RESOLVED] one server saves in 2 places.

Post by woodzykiler »

i was able to relocat the othere files in the servers config. was a bit tricky to pull off